Ok, so this is a raw hot chocolate with a Mexican twist…..Make sense!?? It doesn´t need to, it is totally delicious and nutritious
- 1 cup almonds
- 12 chopped, dried dates
- 5 tbsps raw cacao powder/cocoa
- 1-2 tsps cinnamon
- 1-2 tsps cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- Whizz almonds in the blender first then add water, keep whizzing and make into almond milk.
- Add dates, cacao and spices….Whizz lots!
- Test consistency, spicyness and chocolateyness…Add more of anything needed…
- Gently warm in a pan on the hob or in your Vitamix if you have one.
This makes enough for aprox 4-5 people and tastes divine! It keeps in a container/flask in the fridge for aprox 3 days and also tastes wonderful cold. It is rather stimulating so great for an energy boost. Choc (scuse the pun) full of magnesium and antioxidants from the cacao this is great winter drink. Enjoy!